Category Buyer – IndirectsAdded on 28/03/2023
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Indirects team of our partner, supporting the varied science carried out at their world renowned Campus. This role will be supporting the Professional Services and IT categories, delivering against strategies, building and managing supplier relationships and collaborating with a wide and varied stakeholder group.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, curious and resourceful individual who has a passion for delivering value in a busy procurement environment.
- Indirect spend experience in categories such as HR, Professional Services, IT, Marketing, FM, etc.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, but with full support of Partners where required
- Demonstrable experience in category management and associated tools/techniques
- Ability to take underlying data and present narrative and recommendations to stakeholders
- Proven ability to listen, understand business needs and provide win-win solutions in a proactive and principled manner
- Flexible and pragmatic attitude
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good understanding of key contractual terms
You’ll be joining a friendly and supportive group consisting of three sub-teams: Direct Sourcing, Indirect Sourcing and Procurement Operations. Sitting within the CFO’s organisation, they’ve worked hard to establish themselves as trusted and influential partners across various areas.
The team mission is closely aligned with that of the wider organisation and they believe that they add the most value through early and influential engagement; so relationships (internal & external) are very important. World leading science is in-part delivered through adoption of cutting edge technology as well as an excellent physical environment – our beautiful Campus provides these in abundance and the Procurement function plays a key role in supporting both.
Within the team, an environment of trust, empowerment and development is actively encouraged. People are expected to be bold, try new things, be accountable, but also feel supported when needed.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Advisory, Technology, & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.