Category Manager – ITAdded on 09/01/2024
Our client is currently looking for a procurement professional to support IT spend projects for the organisation.
You will have a proven track record of managing IT spends in private and/ or public sector organisations, which will enable you to provide advice and professional procurement support to internal stakeholders, be responsible to challenge, provide guidance, influence change, and ensure adherence to procurement governance.
As the Category Manager for IT, you will own the procurement strategy for assigned technology categories, aligning commercial review and strategic opportunities with business priorities, and running the end-to-end procurement cycle.
The role will be hybrid with three days a week in the office in West Sussex.
- Devise clear sourcing strategies for BAU and project commodities to support internal stakeholders.
- Lead procurement projects, to achieve the best commercial outcome for the business whilst minimising risk.
- Lead negotiation of contractual requirements for categories of responsibility.
- Ensure contracting remains up to date with business requirements, including inclusion of ESG and DEI values.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the SAP supplier database.
- Lead the implementation of P2P simplification processes.
We’re looking for procurement professionals with the following:
- Strong strategic procurement experience with knowledge of IT.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to draft and negotiate contracts to meet significant business objectives and to achieve operational outcomes whilst minimising risk.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify cost saving opportunities
- Ability to lead complex RFI/P, procurement strategies and negotiations.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and good business acumen, particularly in the context of evaluating business cases and proposals.
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.