Commercial Buyer/ AnalystAdded on 17/08/2023
An opportunity has arisen due to promotion, to join our client as a Buyer/ Analyst. This is a role that is suited to someone at the early stages of their procurement career, looking to join a procurement team that manages a very large spend within a public sector environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will essentially support Category Managers with their procurement projects, which will include some administrative duties, basic contract management, data management and analysis, market engagement, coordination of negotiations, and tender support.
The Commercial Property & FM Pillar (annual spend of circa £320m) works closely with its main stakeholder and is responsible for running procurements, contract management and category strategies ensuring commercial management and the best outcomes for our client. You’ll be joining a function that is split into two sub-pillars;
- Facilities Management (FM) and Maintenance sub-pillar provides commercial support across soft and hard facilities management, catering and operational support.
- The Buildings and Estates sub-pillar provides commercial support across the construction and refurbishment side delivering estate strategy and involving numerous capital programmes of work to deliver a more efficient and fit for purpose estate that meets the operational needs.
There is one role available and you will be expected to support requirements across both the sub pillars listed above.
To be considered for this opportunity, it is essential that you can demonstrate:
- Some procurement experience, ideally within a public sector environment,
- Strong work ethic,
- Excellent time management,
- Good organisation skills,
- Ideally degree qualified (but not essential),
- A desire to study for CIPS,
- Commercial awareness, and
- Collaboration skills.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.