Environmental AdvisorAdded on 15/11/2023
As an Environment Advisor, you’ll be a key member of our clients Environment and Sustainability team, based right at the heart of environmental activities. Your work has the power to make an organisation greener and more planet-friendly.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE RESIDED IN THE UK FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
Your main task will be to deliver the environmental strategy, including the Environmental Management System (EMS) and Sustainability Management Programme (SMP). It’s a varied role where you’ll develop plans for the year and update relevant registers. There’ll also be the chance to head up sustainability training, monitor the Facilities Management supply chain and contribute to the Group Responsible Procurement (RP) Policy, providing expert input. As the resident technical specialist, you’ll be a subject matter expert and a key point of contact.
The Environment Advisor fulfils a key role within the Environment and Sustainability Team, with responsibilities for coordination and management of the environmental programme.
At a strategic level, the post-holder is responsible for the implementation and development of the Environmental Management System (EMS) aligned to ISO 14001. As well as working as part of Property Services, the Environment and Sustainability Team is unique in also having a wide remit, responsible for coordinating environmental activities across other departments and business groups. The scope of the role includes:
- Support the Head of Environment & Sustainability to develop and deliver all aspects of the organizational strategy, planning and implementation of environment/sustainability management and act as a key point of contact for all environment/sustainability-related matters.
- Manage the coordination, implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System (EMS) aligned to ISO 14001, including:
- Review and updating the Environment & Sustainability Strategy
- Managing the Sustainability Management Programme (SMP) including: development of the annual implementation plan; leading on the implementation of specific technical plan activities; coordinating quarterly reporting and managing the quarterly governance board; coordinating the annual performance review; and, managing the annual Environment and Sustainability Report
- Maintaining the EMS, including review and updating of the Environmental Policy, Aspects and Impacts register, Environmental Legislation Register, Environmental Risks register, environmental guidance/standards documents, and EMS procedures
- Manage the environmental performance of the FM supply chain, including:
- Undertaking the strategic annual review of the FM supply chain environmental management plan
- Managing the monthly review of FM supplier environmental performance
- Assure the quality of supply chain Environmental Management Plans (EMPs)
- Maintain relationships with the supply chain through forums and events
- Manage organisational environmental/sustainability training, communications and awareness by:
- Rolling out the Environmental Awareness Campaign to employees and suppliers, and maintaining the network of environmental champions
- Advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on environmental requirements and best practice
- Disseminate awareness to employees in regard to reporting environmental incidents to the FM helpdesk
The Procurement Hive is a procurement consultancy and procurement recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.