Interim Category Manager – TelecomsAdded on 20/04/2023
This initial 8 month assignment focuses on Network Services & Telco Procurement, with a global remit on Voice, Data & Internal Networks. A strong knowledge is essential in network design and architecture and voice, data and internal networks, specifically connectivity, IPAM/DNS/DHCP, office networking (LAN, WiFi), and service assurance and automation to meet the business and stakeholder needs.
A strong knowledge of wider major Technology providers is also desired / required. Experience in building and maintaining key exec relationships with senior leaders within this important category and the role will also act as a trusted advisor and partner on future state network design & architecture of network services and telco related matters.
You will support the Head of Enterprise Technology with relevant category planning, strategic assessment and optimization recommendations for the business and will need to work closely with the Hosting & End User Services and InfoSec & Cloud Operations Procurement Category Managers. You will also be responsible for managing a team of Category Specialists and Coordinators, providing leadership support, and mentoring to create a positive team working environment and the development of the team’s skillset. The role will require you to work closely with other Category leads to support the overall S&CM lead and Procurement team’s strategy. The scope of the roll also requires you to create and maintain up to date category plans and provide key monthly and adhoc reporting as required and requested by the Head of Enterprise Technology.
In addition you will also work closely with the Procurement operations and analytics teams to review and access spend data and spend trends. Experience in negotiating large projects is also desirable.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Significant experience is essential in voice, data and internal networks, software assurance and automation procurement.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong stakeholder collaborative relationship building skills.
- Both a strategic and analytical mind-set.
- Creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to Procurement challenges.
- Change management and self-awareness skills to adopt targeted approaches to a dynamic set of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and strong listening skills.
- Ability to articulate Procurement’s value, specifically as a Procurement business partner.
- In-depth knowledge of complex sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Strong legal contract knowledge and negotiation experience.
- Familiarity with relevant legislative, regulatory requirements, and industry standards as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk and ensure compliance.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Advisory, Technology, & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.