Interim Commercial Lead – ChangeAdded on 24/08/2023
This interim position, with a 2 year tenure, has come available as our client looks to transform it’s environment. You will be responsible for leading procurement support across multiple internal change programmes as our client embarks on delivering their new organisational strategy.
The role is very much focused on stakeholder engagement and relationship management, mainly at a very senior level. You will be ensuring that procurement is able to support the commercial needs of the organisation, and keeping senior stakeholders informed and engaged. It’s NOT a “doing” procurement role, rather it’s strategic relationship management, planning, and organising. Essentially, we’re looking for someone with the commercial experience of leading change and transformation.
You will need to go to the London offices 1-2 days per week, and work remotely on the remaining days.
In this role you will be expected to provide Category Management leadership, contributing to delivering commercial excellence for the organisation, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor. You will also develop relationships with key and strategic suppliers, driving value for money and risk management excellence across multiple categories.
You will play an essential part in leading parts of the overall commercial life cycle, primarily focused on the key aspects of Category Management, including strategy and policy development, understanding needs and sourcing options, and the procurement process itself. This will be done through the development and execution of category management strategies, leading supplier negotiations, where needed, and delivering timely and effective support, guidance and expertise to the business.
We’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or public sector environment.
- Evidence of having delivered organisational benefits to customers through effective design and/ or implementation of category strategies or category management as a methodology; able to describe value add and savings in a strategic context in a complex commercial environment.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in how the market works and what drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy in consumers and suppliers alike.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Experience working and effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
- Evidence of inspirational and inclusive leadership, developing a professional culture and building commercial capability. Empowers team members through coaching, mentoring and sharing of expertise/knowledge.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.