Interim Procurement Manager – IT InfrastructureAdded on 01/11/2023
This role will be part of a team which is responsible for supporting all business as usual systems. The team is split into two, with one half focusing on supporting all technology infrastructure requirements and the other half ensuring that the organisation’s software requirements are effectively and efficiently sourced and managed.
This role sits in the Infrastructure team which is predominantly aligned to supporting network infrastructure that enables the organisation to communicate both internally and with the wider public, access critical systems and store and retrieve information. The team source solutions and manage contracts across a whole range of categories including telephony, contact centres, data centres, radio, networks and IT hardware.
The team requirements are broadly balanced between running sourcing exercises for requirements and providing in-life contract management support for the large infrastructure contracts that are in place. There is also a demand for the team to provide strategic input into the evolving technology strategy.
In this role you will be expected to undertake Category Management and Contract Management activity, contributing to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor. You will also develop relationships with key and strategic suppliers, driving value for money and risk management excellence across the category.
You will play an essential part in leading parts of the overall commercial life cycle. You will own key aspects of Category Management, including strategy and policy development, understanding needs and sourcing options, and the procurement process itself. You will feed into the wider Category Management team, working with a range of team members, internal and external stakeholders to drive improved commercial outcomes.
The role is varied, and to carry out successful contract management activity, you will work to mobilise contracts; manage the delivery and performance of the contract; carry out contract changes; manage risk within the contract; and be responsible for contract transition and exit.
To be considered for this exciting interim assignment, you must meet the following essential criteria:
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or public sector environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing procurement/ contract management strategies in collaboration with the business which deliver high quality commercial outcomes and organisational benefits, whilst ensuring value for money.
- IT Hardware/ Infrastructure category management experience.
- Experience of leading a negotiation with suppliers and successfully employing appropriate negotiating techniques based on the category sourcing strategy.
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans, evidencing commercial management and delivery in complex environments.
- A proven track record and detailed understanding of contract law and contract management processes. Proficient in the composition and interpretation of complex agreements/ contracts.
- Experience in developing effective supplier relationships and the ability to resolve issues in performance or variations in supply without the need for legal or contractual recourse, working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement and innovation for all parties including complex performance management and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Experience working and effectively influencing stakeholders, projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
- Evidence of developing a professional culture and building commercial capability through coaching, mentoring and sharing of expertise and knowledge with colleagues/ team members.
The Procurement Hive is a procurement consultancy and procurement recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.