Interim Procurement Manager – Social/ HR ServicesAdded on 13/07/2023
This is a highly visible interim role which will manage a key project across a number of different government bodies. The right individual will need to be able to manage very senior stakeholders to achieve the right result for this project. The position sits within the People Services Team which falls under Professional Services/Indirects. The People Services Team covers the following categories – Learning & Development, HR , Occupational Health, Temporary Labour, Events, Contact Centres, Social Benefit.
This role will be responsible for predominantly working on Social Benefit projects but will be required to support across the entire portfolio as and when required. In addition, you will support the Senior Category Manager, in delivering strategic commercial direction for projects and categories from concept through specification, contract and procurement, design, delivery, verification and operational support.
To succeed in the role the job holder will be required to identify high value for money savings opportunities through timely and accurate management information, plan, build and maintain pre-defined stakeholder profiles and specifications, operate compliant procurement process across 3–12-month horizon and bridge self-skills and development gaps.
- Negotiate, deliver & communicate contract & framework agreements which deliver efficiencies in line with financial reporting and forecasting systems.
- Lead contracts reviews/negotiations during their term to ensure continued fitness for purpose with respect to scope, budget and performance change, risk and be responsible, day to day, for the development, negotiation, and agreement of Change Requests.
- Work with users to communicate effective process and with suppliers to communicate business plans.
- Assure contract & framework developments meet the organisations responsible procurement obligations and preferences in addition to corporate health, safety, equality, quality and environmental requirements.
- Improve the efficiency and reduce costs of the procurement process by participating in the re-engineering of business processes / procedures.
- Approving and implementing procurement strategies & advice (tendering, evaluation award & contract management) efficiently using preferred technology-based methods.
- Be the focal point for key suppliers, categories and markets for the department in areas of strategy and tactics development, dispute resolution, supplier viability and relationship management.
- Participate in technology solutions by implementing, evaluating, or feeding back results that will improve strategic and operational procurement.
- Lead or contribute to the development of departmental business plans and demand forecasts, and lead or support capacity planning to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to projects and programmes.
Learning and Development:
- Manage team skills and development gaps. Support professional development of colleagues of similar discipline. Engage with CIPS (or similar) professional training. Deputise for immediate manager from time to time.
- Responsible for timely and accurate management information covering aspects of lead buyer reporting.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to assimilate quickly new business systems such as SAP or other e-procurement and commercial systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence others both internally and externally up to Managing Director level through presentations, negotiation, and written reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of managing/leading frameworks.
- Knowledge of category management.
- Qualified to CIPS professional standard or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current domestic and EU legislative requirements and proven experience in applying these to day-to-day procurement activities and documentation.
- Experience of managing small teams (no line management responsibilities)
- Experience in contract/purchase order management and administration and proven experience in developing and maintaining supporting office systems.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and agreeing Contract terms and conditions and commercial schedules.
- Substantial proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities. A proven record in establishing contracts of this nature and leading commercial negotiations at a senior level is essential.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology, & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.