Material PlannerAdded on 01/11/2023
We are excited to be working with an innovative design and develop organisation that serves global markets.
As part of the Procurement team, the role of the Material Planner will be to support the business by taking responsibility for material planning on several selected suppliers for multiple facilities. These suppliers will be chosen based on their geographical location, lead time and complexity. The Material Planner will be responsible for placing orders for the specified materials and will have full responsibility for the delivery of these materials from suppliers to the organisation’s facilities to meet production and customer requirements.
- Ensuring that materials are ordered and scheduled for delivery from suppliers in the quantity and delivery date required to support our service to customers.
- Ensuring deliveries take place on the correct date, in the correct containers, in the quantity required.
- Validating that supplier schedules meet the facilities demands and collaborate with the supplier to ensure continued material availability.
- Dealing with any delivery & invoice discrepancies and following through to resolution.
- Initiating, coordinating, and participating in activities to ensure optimum inventory levels.
- Being involved with, as necessary, the scheduling and control of onward ship material.
- Coordinating and managing returnable stillages.
- Set up and maintenance of SAP S4/Hana System Master data for Suppliers and Materials.
- Weekly reporting on Key Performance Indicators.
- Coordinating and managing Engineering Changes.
- Participation in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Any additional tasks in line with Material Management requirements or as requested by the Line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience in a material planning or supply chain role
- Supplier management experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, SAP S4/Hana system preferable
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels of a business
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with good initiative and proactive approach to work
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Experience of practical implementation of lean techniques within a materials or supply chain function.
- Membership of relevant professional body.
The Procurement Hive is a procurement consultancy and procurement recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.