Procurement Manager – IndirectsAdded on 01/12/2023
We’ve been tasked with finding our 3rd sector client an experienced procurement professional to join their small (but perfectly formed!) team. The overall spend is circa £50m which is actually quite significant for a charity.
Essentially the Head of Procurement wants someone who can help transition the department into a strategic function. The day to day activity will be category management of mainly Marketing and Print projects (which accounts for 60% of their overall spend), but we’re not necessarily needing someone who has experience in this category. It’s the experience and knowledge to help develop category management that’s important.
This is a permanent position, working for an organisation whom it’s a privilege to work for. You’ll have opportunities to partner with seriously heavy-hitters in huge global organisations as part of our client’s marketing and fundraising activities.
Whilst the role is predominantly home working, there will be the need for you to go to their Head Office in Surrey on occasions. The ideal is for you to go to the office 1 x day per week but the Head of Procurement is flexible on this for the right person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To create and implement procurement strategies for defined spend portfolios.
- Facilitation of strategic process with cross-functional team.
- Creation and implementation tender and contracts, supplier management.
- Chair certain tender boards and lead the procurement process for the designated categories.
- Provide advice and guidance on procurement best practices across all levels of the organisation.
- Participating in creation and improvement of procurement systems, policies and procedures.
- Participating in the procurement reporting to senior management and trustees.
- Provide high quality support, advice, guidance and training regarding procurement or suppliers activities to various level of staff.
- Experience in indirect category management delivery in multi-stakeholders’ environment.
- Category management introduction in a highly tactical driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience of working as a procurement professional in an organisation with a proven track record of achieving procurement improvements and cost savings.
- A good technical appreciation and experience of several indirect procurement categories that include marketing.
- Experience on whole procurement cycle from challenging requirement, tender, negotiating, contracts and supplier relationship management.
The Procurement Hive is a procurement consultancy and procurement recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.