Senior Management Consultant – ProcurementAdded on 15/06/2023
The Senior Consultant role is required to provide consultancy and/or training services to clients in all areas of delivery and operations including all related products and/or services that the company may offer.
With solid procurement experience, the Senior Consultant is required to undertake project delivery for clients in areas including (but not limited to) assessment and development of their procurement strategy and capability, procurement strategy implementation, negotiation and other skills development programmes, with limited guidance and supervision from leadership.
The Senior Consultant will work with a wider team to achieve excellence in client value and will be measured by project delivery utilisation and output, as well as contribution and support for sales activity, ongoing growth, renewal of contracts and repeat work.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Consultant will be expected to have solid experience and knowledge, and strong ability to support the business, team and clients as follows:
- Knowledge of core procurement capabilities and techniques
- Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice stakeholder engagement, collaborative projects, and social procurement
- Understand and identify product specification and inherent cost drivers
- Knowledge of implementing core products and services
- Manage projects and project teams (with guidance from managers)
- Analysis of financial data and the implications in terms of managing expenditure with third party suppliers
- Analysis of supply markets including trends, types of market and the development of appropriate purchasing strategies
- Evaluate problems and propose solutions
- Work autonomously, manage own time and meet deliverables within set deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Create, participate, engage and facilitate effective presentations
- Develop and maintain key client relationships (private and public sector)
- Lead and engage in client discussions regarding projects and deliverables
- Understand client needs and identifying service strategies
- Identifying potential client relationship issues to escalate
- Manage expectations on client service
- Evaluate success of client service after implementation and offer on-going support
- Supervise and guide junior team members on project scope, requirements, content and delivery
- Mentor/coach junior team members
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Support peers across the business
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members
- Respond to feedback positively for personal and professional growth
- Support a range of business development activity across private and public-sector clients including networking events, drafting articles/publications, responding to tenders/proposals
- Contribute to establishment of go-to-market and/or growth strategies and campaigns
- Leverage any pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell products or services to clients
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology, & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.