Strategic Procurement Specialist – ITAdded on 07/09/2023
Our client is a major employer in West Sussex and Surrey and is looking for a procurement professional to support IT spend projects for the organisation.
You will have a proven track record of managing IT spends in private and/ or public sector organisations. You will provide advice and professional procurement support to internal stakeholders, be responsible to, challenge, provide guidance, influence change, and ensure adherence to procurement governance.
As a Strategic Procurement Specialist, you will own the procurement strategy for assigned technology categories, aligning commercial review and strategic opportunities with business priorities, and running the end-to-end procurement cycle.
The role will be hybrid with three days a week in the office in the Crawley/ Horley area.
- Devise clear sourcing strategies for BAU and project commodities to support internal stakeholders.
- Lead procurement projects, to achieve the best commercial outcome for the business whilst minimising risk.
- Lead negotiation of contractual requirements for categories of responsibility.
- Ensure contracting remains up to date with business requirements, including inclusion of ESG and DEI values.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the SAP supplier database.
- Lead the implementation of P2P simplification processes.
We’re looking for procurement professionals with the following:
- Strong strategic procurement experience with knowledge of IT.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to draft and negotiate contracts to meet significant business objectives and to achieve operational outcomes whilst minimising risk.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify cost saving opportunities
- Ability to lead complex RFI/P, procurement strategies and negotiations.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and good business acumen, particularly in the context of evaluating business cases and proposals.
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.