Head of ProcurementAdded on 14/04/2023
This is a brand new role for our client who work in the Telecoms sector. You will have accountability for all technology related procurement activity (technical Equipment and Services including lease lines, fibre, 3rd party outsourcing and related IT).
Reporting to and supporting the Finance Director, leading the procurement process across the CTO business specifically, the Head of Procurement will successfully deliver leading supplier decisions, and cost saving initiatives, whilst improving the quality of goods and services received through pre and post contract stakeholder and supplier engagement.
The role will be responsible working with the CTO senior management and operational teams for overall supplier strategy – including key product decisions, the rationalisation and maintenance of authorised suppliers, ongoing supplier relationship management and performance monitoring.
Working with core finance to further develop the CTO objectives within the entire Group level Procure to Pay cycle, policies and procedures.
The role will work closely with design and operational leads in the CTO team to commercially manage suppliers and ensure engagement, alignment and clear communication with them.
The role will involve leading commercial management and sourcing of projects through effective RFP and RFI processes.
The Head of Procurement will involve supporting the business in further development of Group Procurement policies, practice, operations and governance across all sourcing categories. Providing assurance on ESG & SRM and supporting integration of appropriate tools and systems for efficiencies across the Group with Stakeholders and 3rd parties alike.
- Conducting a forward looking opportunity analysis on current and future suppliers which should result in a fair and transparent tender process, lowering of costs, improvement of quality with reliable and reputable vendors.
- Sourcing, negotiation, contract creation, and management of key contracts and projects, acting as a SME.
- Managing complex supplier relationships.
- Recommend and execute procurement strategy for major projects, key products and key categories.
- Manage and own regular commercial meetings with key suppliers, to ensure engagement, alignment and clear communication.
- Business Issue/ Risks Escalation – facilitate key escalations across the managed suppliers on all Commercial, Quality, Responsiveness, Innovation, Delivery and Cost ensuring contractual KPIs and SLAs are being met.
- Work with PMs and other key CTO stakeholders to ensure that requisition process and operational internal controls operate effectively and in line with procurement policy and Group DoA.
- Accountable for drafting and delivery of robust and appropriate supply and services contracts ensuring CTO business activities are carried out in accordance with all governance and Group controls.
- Responsible for tracking, assessing and driving performance improvements, acting as a contact point for escalations and issues, through to resolution. Responsible for monitoring financial stability, market competitiveness and performance.
- Procurement related ad hoc tasks and projects as and when needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- An understanding of mobile and fixed telecommunications technology & services market desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the key current and potential 3rd parties, demonstrable procurement experience of sourcing and managing key suppliers in this marketplace.
- Ability to work well in cross functional teams and develop strong working relationships, alongside challenging stakeholders where required.
- Influence and persuasion skills to lead, negotiate and provide key commercial input into key strategic CTO business projects and business change including RFI and RFP Management.
- Ability to negotiate a range of contractual requirements and build suitable contracts.
- Strong analytical skills working with complex commercial offers, changeable budgets and driving saving and value targets.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect through building strong working relationships within changing business environments, such that HoP is actively early engaged by the rest of the team for all 3rd party requirements.
- Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a fast paced, high growth business environment.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, identify innovative solutions to implement and determine great delivery.
- Ability to maximise through negotiation all savings and commercial benefits.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong technology Procurement professional and team player.
- Enjoy and be used to working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Have the highest levels of integrity.