Procurement Manager / Senior Procurement Manager – IT x 4Added on 09/01/2024
As part of a major transformation, and due to internal promotions, our client is looking to recruit a number of procurement specialists with experience of various IT categories, including Software (SW), Hardware (HW), Infrastructure, Professional Services, etc.
Strategic delivery and management:
- Inputting into wider Category Strategy, bringing insight and analysis gained from managing a contract / contracts
- Developing commercial approaches that deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategies and market trends
- The development of category strategies and delivery of sourcing requirement within the pillar, as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities
- Understands demand by forecasting and planning requirements with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Developing and maintaining category plans for key spend areas
Understands relevant sourcing options and analysis, and delivers positive outcomes through the procurement process:
- Leading planning and strategy for re-procurement of relevant contracts and able to undertake soft market testing
- Performing end-to-end strategic sourcing activities and serving as a subject matter expert
- Works with key stakeholders to develop a clear and agreed view of business requirements, and supports business units in articulating their commercial requirements
- Advising and providing professional guidance throughout the sourcing process, considering and evaluating a range of sourcing models
- Supports the development of options for a business case, including articulating associated benefits and producing supporting arguments for the preferred option
- Identifies opportunities to develop collaborative partnerships with suppliers
- Provides a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities
- Leading negotiation relating to commercial activity, and has knowledge and experience with negotiation techniques. Leads and guides others in negotiation
- Understanding and being accountable for sourcing compliance and frameworks
Ensuring effective Commercial Contract and Supplier Management:
- Ensuring effective day to day delivery of the contract against its objectives
- Managing contract variations, providing practical advice and strategic direction. Identifying where changes in the contract are required and adopts strategies to implement these
- Evaluating whether a contract is achieving a successful return on investment, in the light of value for money considerations
- Overseeing the realisation of benefits achieved as a result of the performance management regime or change control, and challenging non-delivery of benefits and escalate when required
- Evaluating the performance of suppliers against the specification, reporting regularly
- Driving innovation and improvement in contracts
- Managing risk and reward mechanisms in contracts and key performance indicators
- Monitoring progress against the business objectives and works with suppliers and customers to develop improvements
- Actively managing strategic relationships to deliver mutual benefit for those involved
- At a delivery level, holding both suppliers and customers accountable for living up to their contractual commitments. Resolving disputes effectively and efficiently
- Performing contract exit activity, from pre-emptive action to transactional, process led tasks
- Managing the disposal process of assets that are no longer needed once the current contract expires
- Advising on and mitigating risks to the continuity of supply, and owning business continuity approach for relevant contract(s)
Building and maintaining key relationships:
- Managing supplier and stakeholder relationships effectively to deliver organisational benefits.
- Providing practical advice to stakeholders enabling early engagement and challenging business need and demand as well as reviewing contract risks. Seeks early active involvement of internal stakeholders in the sourcing process and contract management. Internal stakeholders will include colleagues who are users and buyers of the goods and services within the category, and relevant business units and colleagues within the function.
- Building close relationships with senior business lead colleagues and relevant business units to provide commercial advice, along with colleagues in Corporate Services (Finance, Legal) as required
- Building relationships with national organisations to share information and best practice
- Working with the Enablement & Performance team to conduct an appropriate Supplier Relationship Management strategy for any strategic suppliers.
- Working closely with external stakeholders
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in how the technology market works and what drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy in consumers and suppliers alike.
- Evidence of having delivered organisational benefits to customers through effective design and/or implementation of procurement / contract management strategies; able to describe value add and savings in a strategic context in a complex commercial environment.
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or public sector environment.
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans evidencing commercial management and delivery at senior level in complex and high value environments.
- Evidence of developing effective supplier relationships and the ability to resolve issues in performance or variations in supply without the need for legal or contractual recourse, working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement and innovation for all parties including complex performance management and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Experience working and effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Evidence of inspirational and inclusive leadership, developing a professional culture and building commercial capability. Empowers team members through coaching, mentoring and sharing of expertise/knowledge.
The Procurement Hive is a truly unique, integrated Procurement Consultancy, Technology & Recruitment business.
Transform your talent – Our People on Demand service utilises over 35 years of combined experience, recruiting supply chain and procurement talent for a wide range of organisations across the globe.
The Procurement Hive celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants